Mouse over to zoom, Click to enlarge.
Potential diamond discovery in Northern Québec
- 9 claim blocks, approximately 2,765 hectares
- Located in Northern Quebec within the Quebec government’s Plan Nord investment territory
- Close to road and power lines
- Exploration agreement in place with local First Nations
STAGE OF DEVELOPMENT
- Early stage exploration
POTENTIAL DIAMOND DISCOVERY
The LG Diamonds Project is located in the James Bay region of Québec. The 55 claims, totaling approximately 2,765 hectares, are located in the Jamésie County Municipality, close to road and power lines.
The LG Diamonds Project is in the same diamond-rich producing zone which hosts Stornoway’s Renard Project, Québec's new diamond mine which contains Probable Mineral Reserves of 17.9 million carats and is scheduled to begin diamond production in 2016 (January 28, 2013, Stornoway news release).
- The LG Diamonds Project is comprised of 9 claim blocks, each centered on circular magnetic anomalies that represent possible kimberlite pipes.
- Kimberlite indicators (anomalous concentrations of Cerium, Chromium and Barium) have been found in lake sediments near these magnetic anomalies.
- The kimberlite pipe cluster may represent a kimberlite camp similar to the Lac de Gras kimberlite field
- The geological environment is favourable for diamantiferous kimberlite.
CURRENT WORK PROGRAM:
The Company will proceed with an exploration program that includes:
- Modelling historic geophysical data
- Compiling all available data
- Completing a detailed magnetic survey of the identified targets
- Prioritizing targets and conduct a drill program
For more information on the LG Diamonds Project, click here to view the Corporate Presentation