Toronto, Ontario – May 12, 2017 – Honey Badger Exploration Inc. (TSX-V: TUF) (the "Company" or “Honey Badger”) announces the results of the Annual and Special Meeting of Shareholders (the “Meeting”) held in Toronto, Ontario, Canada on May 12, 2017. All resolutions were passed with the required majorities.
The shareholders elected the following persons (with the corresponding voting percentages of the votes cast as provided below) to serve as directors of the Company. Each director will hold his office for a term expiring at the next annual meeting of shareholders or until his successor is duly elected and qualified.
- Craig Scherba (97.99% voted “for”, 2.01% withheld)
- Tara Gilfillan (99.40% voted “for”, 0.60% withheld)
- Kevin Tanas (99.40% voted “for”, 0.60% withheld)
- Steve King (99.40% voted “for”, 0.60% withheld)
The percentages noted below represent the “For” votes and are expressed as a percentage of the total votes cast.
- Resolution 2: 99.81% ratified the appointment of Davidson & Company LLP, as the Company's independent registered public accounting firm for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2017 and authorized the directors to fix remuneration;
- Resolution 3: 90.03% approved a resolution approving the Company’s stock option plan..
- Resolution 4: 90.22% approved a special resolution authorizing the Company, subject to regulatory approval, to consolidate the issued and outstanding securities of the Company on an up to 10:1 basis.
Following the Meeting, the Board of Directors approved the following appointments:
- Tara Gilfillan as Chairperson of the Board
- Quentin Yarie as Chief Executive Officer and President
- Marc Johnson as Chief Financial Officer
- Tara Gilfillan, Kevin Tanas and Steve King to the Audit Committee
About Honey Badger Exploration Inc.
Honey Badger Exploration is an exploration company headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, Canada with properties in Québec. The company's common shares trade on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol "TUF". The company's common shares trade on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol "TUF".
For more information about the Company visit http://www.honeybadgerexp.com
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
This News Release contains forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are statements which relate to future events. In some cases, you can identify forward-looking statements by terminology such as “may”, “should”, “expects”, “plans”, “anticipates”, “believes”, “estimates”, “predicts”, “potential” or “continue” or the negative of these terms or other comparable terminology. These statements are only predictions and involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause our or our industry’s actual results, levels of activity, performance or achievements to be materially different from any future results, levels of activity, performance or achievements expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements.
Although the Company believes that the assumptions and factors used in preparing the forward-looking information in this news release are reasonable, undue reliance should not be placed on such information, which only applies as of the date of this news release. The Company disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking information, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, other than as required by law.